With Transmit for iOS, you can upload files to websites via FTP from any app that supports iOS 8 App Extensions. I’ve used this to upload files to a few WordPress sites I manage, and the process goes like this:
- download a ZIP file from Safari to Dropbox (using the Open In… menu)
- select the file and open the Share Sheet (the ‘box with arrow coming out of the top’ icon) in Dropbox
- select Transmit’s extension, tap the server from the list of options
- drill down into the necessary folder
- uploaded the file
- marvel in how far iOS has come
Of course, switching to the main Transmit app is useful when you need more power or to perform other tasks, such as viewing and editing files directly, and unzipping files (I don’t get why Dropbox can’t handle that). At any rate, Transmit for iOS is incredible and you should get it.